JSP file is not Updated after Updating the App (.war) from Admin Console
(Doc ID 1957885.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It is supposed that a war is deployed to a managed server, and it works correctly. Then you modify some JSP file and regenerate the war. If you redeploy it via Admin console by clicking "update" button when the target server is shutdown, after the managed server is restarted, you will find the JSP file can not be updated when you browse it.
This issue only occurs with the following condition:
- The domain's mode is production.
- Patch 17572726 (10.3.6.0.7) is applied.
- Parameter page-check-seconds is not set.
- An old version compiled class of the JSP exists.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a production mode enabled domain with an admin server and a managed server.
- Export web app as a war file.
- Deploy this war from admin console to a managed server, and start the application.
- Check the JSP file and it should be working fine.
- Stop the application from admin console.
- Shutdown the managed server.
- Modify any one JSP and export the whole web app to a war (with same name) again.
- Update the application from admin console by the step of Admin Console -> deployment -> choose the war app -> click "update" -> click "finish".
- Start the managed server.
- Start the application from admin console.
- Access the JSP from browser.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document