Modifying an Attribute in OID 11g that Does Not Contain an EQUALITY Condition Fails with: ldap_modify: Constraint violation
(Doc ID 1970572.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a new attribute with no EQUALITY condition in Oracle Internet Directory (OID) 11g 188.8.131.52.0 or 184.108.40.206.0, and then use it as a search filter, then no longer able to modify the attribute without restarting OID when having default setting of orclautocatalog=1.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Confirm orclautocatalog in DSA config is set to 1 (default value).
2. Create an attribute with NO EQUALITY condition.
3. Create a user/entry with that attribute.
4. Modify the attribute. It completes successfully.
5. Search for the user with the attribute created by step 1, e.g.:
7. At this point, unable to modify the attribute unless restarting the OID server process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document