Running the synchronizeUserInformation script with operationType='DELETE_NONEXISTENT_USERS' includes weblogic user from embeded LDAP
Last updated on MARCH 10, 2015
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.6 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running the synchronizeUserInformation script with operationType='DELETE_NONEXISTENT_USERS', it includes the weblogic user from the embeded LDAP when WebCenter Portal is configured with an external LDAP.
Expect the script not to include groups.
Steps To reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
- Run the synchronizeUserInformation script with operationType to 'LIST_NONEXISTENT_USERS'.
- Connect to the WebCenter server.
- Create a directory to save the properties file generated by the snchronizeUserInformation script.
- Set the ORACLE_HOME to the Webcenter Home.
For example, in my case:
- Navigate to the <webcenter Home>/common/bin directory.
- Start the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST):
- Connect to the Admin Server:
- Run the synchronizeUserInformation script with operationType='LIST_NONEXISTENT_USERS' .
The above is wrong.
We should not delete the weblogic user from embedded LDAP as the user can be used for other administration task in the domain.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms