Assign Custom Policy To JAX-RPC Port Fails With Error "Can not retrieve policy from the static wsdl"
Last updated on JUNE 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A JAX-RPC WebService has been created and a custom Policy file is included in the app (in the WEB-INF or META-INF /policies).
The Custom Policy is visible in the Console, however when assigning thePolicy to the Port, this fails with:
* Error An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
* Error Can not retrieve policy from the static wsdl, you must initialize the service from a dynamic wsdl
* Error Substituted for missing class Can not retrieve policy from the static wsdl, you must initialize the service from a dynamic wsdl -
- Assigning a canned Policy to the Port works
- Assigning the custom Policy to the Operation works
- the same works also for JAX-WS based WebServices
try to attach Policy
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms