Oracle Access Manager 11g R2PS2 (OAM 188.8.131.52) Failed To Communicate With WebGates After OAM Server Running For Some Time
(Doc ID 1987189.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle is not responsible for instructions/information from 3rd party sites that may be contained in this KM note.
- One of two clustered OAM Servers stopped responding and failed to communicate with WebGates.
- WebGates give errors "The AccessGate is unable to contact any Access Servers." or similar connection related errors.
- In the WebLogic admin console, the status of the servers was showing up. However OAM diagnostics page showed that the server was down.
- Restart of the managed server resolved the issue temporarily.
- The OAM diagnostic logs showed "Too many open files" errors.
- All bad socket connections correspond to the OAM managed server PID. The number keeps increasing.
- This is noticed in very high numbers only on one OAM server in the cluster. On other server it is very low and does not increase.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document