OVD 126.96.36.199.0: Error ORA-28274 When Global Users Try To Connect To The Database Using Java Thin Client
(Doc ID 1990561.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Receive error 28274 when establishing connection for OVD/EUS users using tools such as OEM 220.127.116.11 , sql developer 1.5.4 that uses jdbc thin client. Error reported is:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28274: No ORACLE password attribute corresponding to user nickname exists.
2. Client application like OEM 18.104.22.168 and SQL Developer 1.5.4 works fine if JDBC 22.214.171.124 or higher is used, but it fails with ORA-28274 if an older version is used
3. OVD is working as expected as it returns the required attributes used by the EUS to provide authentication to the database users
4. OVD documentation list known integration limitations
The following is a list of Oracle Virtual Directory-Enterprise User Security integration known limitations:
+ JDBC Thin Driver—you must use the OCI driver
- 19.2.7 Integration Limitations
Oracle Fusion Middleware Administrator's Guide for Oracle Virtual Directory 11g Release 1 (126.96.36.199)
5. The solution for error ORA-28274 is to upgrade the JDBC client drivers to 188.8.131.52 or higher.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document