Scanner Settings are Randomly Changing when using CTRL-S in the Enterprise Capture Client
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Scanner operators are seeing an issue where the scanner settings are not persistent.
Step the reproduce the issue in Capture:
1. User logs into Capture and selects a scan profile.
2. User keys Ctrl-S to verify the settings OR adjusts the settings.
3. Scan a batch.
4. Review the pages to make sure they are ok, (no blanks, etc).
5. Scan another batch.
6. Review the pages to make sure they are ok, (no blank pages, etc).
7. Noticed that something was wrong (back sides didn't scan or blank pages didn't get removed etc.)
8. User keys Ctrl-S and discovers that their settings have changed.
This happens with Kodax scanner models i610, i730 and i1220.
The same issue was observed outside of Capture using the Twacker32 utility.
1. Launch the Twacker utility (Start -> Programs -> TWAIN Working Group -> Twack_32).
2. Select the scanner driver being used in Capture when receiving this error message ("File" menu -> "Select Source").
3. After the scanner driver is specified, select the "Setup" option from the "File" menu. Made sure both sides of the page were set the same (200 dpi, Group IV, NOT inverted etc).
4. Close the settings interface.
5. Open settings again from Twacker32. The settings were different.
The Twacker32 utility can be downloaded from this site:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms