Regression With MLR9 Patch In Account Access Creation For New User In Webcenter Content
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Content Server
Regression with MLR9 patch in account access creation for new user in Webcenter Content
If customer face an issue after installing the MLR9 patch.
Here's the situation in term of user authentication and access:
- We are connected to an LDAP as user repository. The group WF-000-000-RR is a dynamic group containing all the users of the plateform.
- We massively used the credential map to match account access with LDAP groups for Read, Write and Administration tasks on contents. A rules map WF-000-000-RR to "PUBLIC" account with read permission. This means that all users from the LDAP should have acccess to the PUBLIC account.
Customer will deal with 3 users:
userA exists in webcenter content before patch installation
userB doesn't exist in WCC before patch installation
userC exists in webcenter content before patch installation
After installing the MLR9 patch for Webcenter content, we have found the following bug:
- Log in with userA and check profile. List of account is correct. User has Read permission for PUBLIC account
- Log in with userB and check profile (click on the name). List of account = #none
- Log in with userC and check profile. List of account is correct. User has Read permission for PUBLIC account
- delete userA (with the User admin applet).
- Log in with userA, List of account = #none.
If i change the credential map, the change are correctly reflected on userC profile.
Now, we have rollbacked MLR9 patch and if we apply the same actions, userA, userB and userC have the correct list of account (including read permission on PUBLIC account)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, new users cannot be created with correct read/write permissions
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms