Failure To Externalize “Connection Details” Of A Service Handler
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway - Version 11.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to externalize the “connection details” (trusted certificates, mutual authentication, http authentication, etc.) of a Service Handler in OAG version 220.127.116.11 or earlier, OAG fails to create the appropriate external property.
It is possible to “CTRL-e” the values but they do not create the external property and ultimately the state reverts back to “unexternalized”.
This does NOT happen with a “Connect to URL” filter which is the freestanding equivalent to the “connection details” section of a Service Handler.
The only workaround is to remove the Service Handler and wire the individual components of a Service Handler.
To recreate the problem:
1. Create a policy with any name.
2. Add a “Web Service Filter”
3. Point the Web Service Filter to a WSDL.
4. In the “Connection Details” tabs choose “Trusted Certificates” and select any certificate.
5. Hit CTRL-e to externalize the selected certificate.
6. Click finish.
7. Reopen the web service filter and to see that the externalization did not actually occur. There is an absence in the “Environment Settings” node of the main navigational tree and no entries are created for the web service policy.
To work around this, remove the Service Handler and use the individual pieces that make up the Service Handler: Set Web Service Context, WSDL, Schema Validation and Connect to URL
1. Create a policy with a “connect to URL” filter
2. Configure the Trusted Certificates as above and externalize. This time it will work.
3. In the Web Service Filter created above that has the externalization problem select the “Delegate to routing policy” radio button and point to the Connect to URL filter.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms