Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 4.2.5.00.08 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a failed installation, the APEX 4.2.5 installation was reverted back to the previous 4.1.0 version using the instructions in the APEX installation guide.
Though there are no errors presented, the following can be seen:
- The DBA_REGISTRY shows 4.2.5.00.08 instead of the appropriate 4.1 version.
- There are a number of invalid objects that appear after the revert process.
- Running the utlrp.sql script to clean up the invalids causes APEX to show as "INVALID" in the DBA_REGISTRY.
The problem is experienced in both Runtime Only and Development instances. It is not specific to a particular type of installation.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ensure that a 4.1.x version of APEX is installed in the database.
2. Upgrade to 4.2.5 according to the instructions in the installation guide.
3. Verify that 4.2.5 is up and running and the install is valid (no errors in the installation log).
4. Revert the installation to 4.1 according to the instructions in the 4.2.x installation guide:
5. Verify the version in the DBA_REGISTRY:
Note the version still shows APEX 4.2.5
Querying DBA_OBJECTS shows a number of invalid objects.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms