When Public Users Access a Secured WebCenter Portal Page, a "Page Not Found" Instead of Login Page is Displayed.
(Doc ID 2003044.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2023
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customers want to implement a Portal where the Portal will be a partially a secured site. The use case is as follows:
- 90% of the pages are public
- 10% of the pages are secured
- users access the Portal Pages via Portal Navigation links or friendly urls.
On a Public Portal (user not logged in), the links to secured pages is not available in the navigation model because public users do not have access to those pages...as expected.
If the user types in the link to the secured page, the browser either generates a HTTP 404 response or displays a "Page Not Found" system page.
Expected result : When users access secured pages when not logged in, a login page is expected.
Test Case to demonstrate this behavior:
Key points: Ensure the Portal is set as: PUBLIC AND
Overwrite the page permissions as required.
1. Create a Public Portal : <PORTAL-NAME>
2. Create Page : <PAGE-NAME>
3. Edit page security for <PAGE-NAME>:
Remove public-user role
Remove Viewer role
Remove participant role
Add user: <USERNAME>, Full permissions
4. Identify the pretty url for the page:
6. Access http://<FULL-HOSTNAME>:<PORT>/webcenter/portal/<PORTAL-NAME>/<PAGE-NAME>
"Page not found." is displayed.
Expect: Login page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document