'opmnctl Createcomponent ..' incorrectly taking the default domain_name as 'ClassicDomain' instead of custom name
(Doc ID 2003070.1)
Last updated on JULY 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Process Mgmt & Notification
After successful creating reports component using 'opmnctl createcomponent ...' command.
opmn incorrectly updates the targets.xml file with the default domain name 'ClassicDomain' when the domain name given during installation was different (ie: <DOMAIN>).
Then, Reports Server settings in EM reports the wrong domain name 'ClassicDomain' under the Region "Reports Applications and Bridges in Farm" for all reports servers default in-process, default standalone and custom standalone
The correct Domain name should be picked up by opmnctl command and correctly respective configuration files.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Forms and Reports 188.8.131.52 and then patch it to 184.108.40.206, when creating the new domain, make sure you change the default name from ClassicDomain to <DOMAIN>
2. Once all is working as required, create a new reports server with command:
./opmnctl createcomponent -adminUsername <WEBLOGIC> -adminHost <hostname> -adminPort <PORT> -oracleHome <ORACLE_HOME>/middle_formsrpts/as_formsrpts1 -oracleInstance <ORACLE_HOME>/middle_formsrpts/asinst_reports1 -instanceName <INSTANCE_NAME> -componentName <REPORTS_SERVERNAME> -componentType ReportsServerComponent
3. Access EM of you Domain: <DOMAIN>
4. Make sure the managed server WLS_Reports belongs to this domain
5. Select any reports server and see the at the bottom region "Reports Applications and Bridges in Farm" to find out "Classic Domian" instead of <DOMAIN>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document