'opmnctl Createcomponent ..' incorrectly taking the default domain_name as 'ClassicDoamin' when the domain name is Reports_Domain
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Process Mgmt & Notification
After successful creating reports component using 'opmnctl createcomponent ...' command.
opmn incorrectly updates the targets.xml file with the default domain name 'ClassicDomain' when the domain name given during installation was different (ie Reports_Domain).
Then, Reports Server settings in EM reports the wrong domain name 'ClassicDomain' under the Region "Reports Applications and Bridges in Farm" for all reports servers default in-process, default standalone and custom standalone
The correct Domain name should be picked up by opmnctl command and correctly respective configuration files.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Forms and Reports 220.127.116.11 and then patch it to 18.104.22.168, when creating the new domain, make sure you change the default name from ClassicDomain to Reports_Domain
2. Once all is working as required, create a new reports server with command:
./opmnctl createcomponent -adminUsername weblogic -adminHost <hostname> -adminPort 7003 -oracleHome /raid/apps/oracle/product/11.1.1/middle_formsrpts/as_formsrpts1 -oracleInstance /raid/apps/oracle/product/11.1.1/middle_formsrpts/asinst_reports1 -instanceName asinst_reports1 -componentName test6_reports_server -componentType ReportsServerComponent
3. Access EM of you Domain: Reports_Domain
4. Make sure the managed server WLS_Reports belongs to this domain
5. Select any reports server and see the at the bottom region "Reports Applications and Bridges in Farm" to find out "Classic Domian" instead of "Reports_Domain
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms