Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle JDeveloper - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Note: the information in this article only applies to older versions of ADF Desktop Integration. Starting with version 126.96.36.199.0 (3.0.0), the required interop assembly is installed with ADFdi automatically.
- Install the ADFdi runtime client
- Run Excel and note that the buttons in the worksheets do not work and the custom ribbon tab does not appear.
- From the Office Button, select Excel Options
- Confirm that ADFdi appears under Inactive Application Add-ins: look for "Oracle ADF Desktop Integration Runtime Add-in for Excel"
- Attempt to re-enable the ADFdi add-in. See Add-in Disabled for details.
- If unsuccessful, allow VSTO to display alerts in order to gather more detailed information. Search for "VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS" at the end of this article
- Now, attempt to re-enable the ADFdi add-in again. This time you may see an error message like "An add-in could not be found or could not be loaded.". Clicking the Details button, you may get something like:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms