WebLogic Admin Server Fails to Start After Extending the WLS Domain to Include JRF as Custom Security Realm Gets Disappeared
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While extending weblogic 12.1.3 domain which has custom security realm, extend domain completes successfully but restarting Admin Server fails as below line gets deleted from config.xml file
6. From console --->domain name --->security make the new TestRealm as default realm
7. Restart services and confirm everything is fine.
8. Run rcu from ORACLE_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin and load schemas.
9. Run config.sh again from ORACLE_HOME/oracle_common/bin
10. extend domain to include Enterprise Manager, jrf and coherence extensions.
11. extend domain completes successfully.
12. Now try restarting Admin Server and it fails.
13. When checked found config.xml file does not contain
14. Add the line and everything works fine.
So it looks like when we have multiple realms default realm line gets removed from config.xml.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms