RBAC Check Failed For Role(s) API Server Operator: On Management Service
(Doc ID 2025325.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a new user '<USER>' with the role checked for 'API Server Operator' in OAG 18.104.22.168, attempting to login as that user results in the following error in the trace file:
RBAC check failed for role(s) API Server Operator: on management service [<ID> : [GET] /api/deployment/domain/deployments]
The message [<ID>] logged Failure at ... with log description: RBAC failed for user '<USER>'
WHAT IS WORKING
All seems operational except that there is the above error message in the trace.
1. Login to API Manager as admin/changeme
2. Click Settings --> Admin Users tab
3. Click Create button to add an admin user
Check "API Server Operator" as a role.
4. Click Create.
The user was added and the following is shown in the trace file:
INFO [<THREAD ID>] Adding user '<USER>' [user-<X>] to admin user store
INFO [<THREAD ID>] Updating adminUsers.json in dir '.....' to version '<X>'
5. Logout of the admin user and login as <USER>
6. Login is successful
7. Check the <OAG HOME>/apigateway/trace for the nodemanager trace file. Opening this, something similar to the following will be entered:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document