Last updated on JULY 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway - Version 11.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a new user 'developer' with the role checked for 'API Server Operator' in OAG 220.127.116.11, login in as that user results in the following error in the trace file:
RBAC check failed for role(s) API Server Operator: on management service [4797ee63-c06c-469a-a128-23bbc7ce468a : [GET] /api/deployment/domain/deployments]
The message [Id-9bdeb654830e0100000000002a14e88a] logged Failure at ... with log description: RBAC failed for user 'developer'
WHAT IS WORKING
All seems operational except that there is the above error message in the trace.
1. Login to API Manager as admin/changeme
2. Click Settings --> Admin Users tab
3. Click Create button to add an admin user
Check "API Server Operator" as a role.
4. Click Create.
The user was added and the following is shown in the trace file:
INFO [0ad8] Adding user 'bill' [user-3] to admin user store
INFO [0ad8] Updating adminUsers.json in dir '.....' to version '3'
5. Logout of the admin user and login as bill
6. Login is successful
7. Checking the $OAG_HOME\apigateway\trace for the nodemanager trace file. Opening this, something similar to the following will be entered"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms