Last updated on MAY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- While using SOAP over JMS and consuming WLS JMS queue.
- WLS JMS queues does not work when the JAX-WS JMS producer is based on Apache CXF technologies.
- It works correctly with the same setting with a JMS producer based on standard JDK JMS.
Working and not working use cases can be tested in order to troubleshoot this problem:
ID : Status: JMS producer (client) --> JMS Queue --> JMS consumer (provider)
1 : NOK : JAX-WS Apache CXF producer --> WLS JMS --> WLS EJB consumer
2 : OK : JDK JMS producer --> WLS JMS --> WLS EJB consumer
In both use cases, the WSDL is the same.
In the use case 1:
· The client is a standard CXF (version 2.7.10) JAX-WS client (based auf JaxWsProxyFactoryBean) with the transport address to access the JMS queue (JMS transport).
· The WLS JMS Queue is a WLS 12.1.2 JMS Server with in and out queues
· The consumer is an EJB Sessionbean implementing a WLS JAX-WS Web service. Annotations are defined in the Web service. Transport is defined in the jws part of the ant task. The EJB ist deployed on a WLS 12.1.2 without specific configuration (standard deployment) except for the configuration of the WLS JMS server.
· The client stub and skeleton is generated top down with a wsimport operation in an ant task. The WSDL defines three operations and no policies.
· All three operations are generating the "SoapFault: Missing RequestURI" error messages.
In the use case 2, the same consumer and WLS server are used. The producer is however a JDK standard JMS client, where the Web services call is implemented with SAAJ.
Customer understands that WLS consumer (provider) does not set the Request URI. Therefore, there is no problem within WLS technologies, but produce error and exception with other technologies like Apache CXF.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms