How to View and set Oracle Advanced Support Gateway (OASG) Monitoring Levels for Platinum Exadata OEM and Advanced Database Support (ADS) Fault Events
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.3 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Advanced Database Services - Version N/A to N/A
Oracle Platinum Services - Version N/A to N/A
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Configuration for Target Monitoring Levels delivered via the Oracle Advanced Service Gateway (OASG).
- Oracle Platinum Services SR automation for Oracle Exadata OEM Fault Events
- Oracle Advanced Database Support (ADS) Fault Events
This document describes:
- OASG version 5.X+ introduces the Monitoring Level functionality to control automated Service Requests (SRs) for the monitored targets.
- Platinum customers are provided a single admin type user who can manage the "targets" also called "assets" registered with this gateway.
- Lifecycle in the context of OASG target monitoring is a generic term that defines the level of monitoring for the given target.
- Target Monitoring Levels can be set in OASG to one of the following Monitoring Levels: None, Low, Regular, High, Intensive.
- Level thresholds can be set during OEM Platinum / ADS target activation or after target activation or left unset.
- Both Platinum and ADS services use OEM Fault Event back-end rules to assign severity to an automated Service Request (SR) based on criteria such as the error type, the monitoring level, target type, etc.
SASR SR Severity is determined by the following 3 attributes:
- the Monitoring Level of the underlying database/target/host
- the fault/error in question
- the current em12asr rules implemented in the ASR backend (reflected in Table 1 - the initial Automated SR Severity for various combinations of Monitoring Level and faults).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms