WebCenter Content (WCC) Domain Configured for Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Getting a Basic Authentication Prompt when doing Checkout and Open (COAO)
(Doc ID 2058830.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Webcenter Content server domain is configured for OAM SSO Single Sign On.
When doing a Checkout and Open, instead of being redirected to the OAM authentication page the Office Basic Authentication pop up window in presented.
If OAM is configured for Kerberos, the Office file should open without being prompted at all.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Internet Explorer and go to WebCenter Content browser tool.
2. Navigate to a MS document.
3. Click Content Actions -> Edit
This is the Check Out an Open
4. Document loads in MS app -> The authentication prompt appears
5. Enter login credentials -> Make live changes to the document
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document