Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Content Server, Version:184.108.40.206.0PSU-2015-01-08 07:49:21Z-r123144 (Build:220.127.116.11) (bundle patch 9)
When the WfDbInQueue component is disabled (this component was used in UCM/Content Server 10g), and UseDatabaseWfInQueue=true is added to the config.cfg file (the configuration entry activates functionality of the WfDbInQueue comopnent in 11g systems), users within an alias do not receive documents into their WorkFlow (WF) list.
It is expected that if a user is assigned to an alias, and workflow items enter the workflow, that all users within the alias receive the items in their WF list.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
The system version is: Version:18.104.22.168.0PSU-2015-01-08 07:49:21Z-r123144 (Build:22.214.171.124)
Steps needed to recreate the issue:
1) Create an Alias and add some users to this alias
2) Create a Criteria workflow with one step at least. Add the Alias to the workflow step
3) Enable the workflow
4) Add some content which meets the criteria condition
5) Check that all users in the alias have the document in their WF list
6) add parameter UseDatabaseWfInQueue=true to your configuration file
7) restart the server
8) Check that all users in the alias have the document in their WF list
9) Add a new user to the alias
10) Wait one hour
11) Check that the new user doesn't have the document in user's WF list.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot process documents for users who are out of the office. It is the beginning of the summer and many users are going on vacation. The purpose of the alias is so that any user within the alias can process the documents. If a user cannot see the documents to process them, then work backs up causing loss of productivity and frustration.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms