Logon Manager Fails To Respond To Web Applications In IE11 Tabbed Browsing
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ESSO Logon Manager (126.96.36.199.0+) intermittently fails to recognize predefined web applications opened in new tabs in IE11.
The web based templates are recognized by Logon Manager most of the time. However, sometimes the applications are not recognized at all. Even trying "Logon With ESSO" does not inject credentials.
The issue is predominant when multiple applications, which are predefined with application templates, are loaded into different IE tabs.
Logon Manager will respond to the applications if the IE browser is shutdown and restarted.
ESSO Logon Manager is expected to recognize and respond to applications predefined with application templates in the ESSO Administrative Console and published to the repository even when opened in a tabbed browsing session.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the IE web browser and navigate to a predefined web application. ESSO-LM responds to the application.
- Open another application in a new tab, ESSO-LM fails to respond to the application.
- Close the IE browser and launch the application again. ESSO-LM responds to the application.
- ESSO Logon Manager 188.8.131.52.0 and higher.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms