WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel - during or right after ADFdi login sequence
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle JDeveloper - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
- The end-user downloads or otherwise obtains an ADFdi-enabled Excel workbook.
- When the workbook is opened in Excel, the user is prompted to connect (the URL shown uses https://), and then the user is prompted to login.
- During or directly after logging in, the user receives an error message similar to or where the error details contains: "WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". The connection fails.
- Confirm that the HTTPS protocol is being used for a web application supporting ADF Desktop Integration (ADFdi).
- Confirm that the end-user's computer has the Microsoft .NET 4.5 framework (or newer) installed.
- Confirm that the ADFdi add-in installed on the computer is version 220.127.116.1161 or newer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms