How to create JSON Payload using REST/JSON Datacontrol
Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle JDeveloper - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using JDeveloper 220.127.116.11, this document explains the options to create a JSON Payload when using a REST/JSON Datacontrol.
While following the below steps and doing the POST operation, you will get the payload as empty.
1) Create the REST connection as per documentation.
2) Create the REST DataControl (A generic DataControl) based on the Generic REST connection
3) Create a resourcePath, set DataFormat JSON and check POST
4) Parse Payload from Sample Code:
5) Finish the DC
6) Create a new ADF page and drag and drop the operation from the DataControl on the page (as ADF Parameter Form)
7) Run the page, Enter a value in the input box and push the button. That will invoke the operation (POST), but the payload is empty
How to retrieve the correct payload in JSON Format ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms