Recognition Processor Is Not Populating PDF417 Bar Code Data into Metadata Fields
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When extracting metadata values from a PDF417 barcode using the Sample Recognition Processor Script in the Capture Scripting Guide, values are not retrieved. It is expected that the metadata values are extracted from the barcode and the metadata values to be populated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps, partially described in section 4.3 of the Scripting Guide:
- Create a .DOC document with a PDF417 barcode in the format ##########|######|####.
- Bring the document in through the Capture Client.
- Send to Document Conversion Processor to convert to .TIF
- Send to Recognition Processor with PDF417 barcode recognition set, 3 barcode definition fields with no Validation Rules, and the Script from 4.3 installed and configured in the General train stop.
- With tracing on Recognition Processor set to finest, log file show that no barcodes are found on the page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms