FMW 12c Forms & Reports Installer Crashes On Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 2012 With VMWare
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12c]
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 2012 running on VMWare
Oracle Fusion Middleware 220.127.116.11.0
Java version 1.8_66
When following the Fusion Middleware 12c Forms and Reports Installation Guide the installer (setup_fmw_18.104.22.168.0_fr_win64.exe) brings up the Oracle Universal Installer and immediately closes it without creating any logs.
2 Installing and Configuring Oracle Forms and Reports
Steps to reproduce
1. The name of the zipped files downloaded are fmw_22.214.171.124.0_infrastructure_Disk1_1of1.zip (1,498,211 KB) and fmw_126.96.36.199.0_fr_win64_Disk1_1of1.zip (942,641 KB).
2. The steps performed are as follows:
2.1. Install JDK
- Run jdk-8u66-windows-x64.exe as administrator.
2.2. Install WLS infrastructure
- Unzip fmw_188.8.131.52.0_infrastructure_Disk1_1of1.zip.
- Open command prompt as administrator and cd to location of fmw_184.108.40.206.0_infrastructure.jar.
- java -d64 -jar fmw_220.127.116.11.0_infrastructure.jar.
2.3. Install FR
- Unzip fmw_18.104.22.168.0_fr_win64_Disk1_1of1.zip.
- Run setup_fmw_22.214.171.124.0_fr_win64.exe as administrator.
- You will see the OUI interface and "Preparing the installer...".
- Then you will see "Cleaning up..." for about 1 second and the installer will close.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms