How To Create a Template for User Roles and Policies from EM FMW Control 11g to Replicate the Same Configuration to Other New and Separate Domains and Environments?
(Doc ID 2135114.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Platform Security for Java - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.3 and later
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using an integrated application (e.g., Oracle Retail Allocation module) with Fusion Middleware (FMW) 11g.
How to create a template for user application roles and policies from Enterprise Manager FMW Control console?
How to save a copy of user roles and policies created in the EM FWM Control to replicate all the configuration created in EM Manager to other environments?
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install the Oracle Retail Allocation module. During installation, you have to configure an external authentication for LDAP (e.g., OID).
2. Access OID and create the required groups for Allocation
3. Log in the EM FMW Control console for Allocation Domain and create new custom user roles
4. Associate the user roles with the created groups in OID
5. Create a template to replicate all the configuration to the other environments.
Steps to view the existing roles in EM FMW Control Console:
1. Login to EM FMW Control console http://<host>:7001/em
2. Navigate down to Farm_YourAllocationDomain > WebLogic Domain > YourAllocationDomain
3. Right click on the domain and select Security > Application Roles. Policy Store Provider in this case shows Scope=WebLogic Domain, Provider=DB_ORACLE
4. Under "Search", select Application Stripe=<name>, Role Name [includes]: <role name>. The roles are then displayed.
How to replicate all these custom roles to another separate installation of WebLogic / EM in other environments?
NOTE: These roles were manually created in this environment using steps in:
Oracle Retail Allocation module version 14.0.2 Installation guide:
Chapter Setting up Functional Security - Pages: from 20-1 to 20-16
Section Managing Authorization - 20-8
These roles are related to the Oracle Retain Allocation Module. The Allocation Module is part of Merchandising Operation Management (MOM) Applications. The documentation library for this Module is available at:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document