"Exception Message : Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.": AD UM Connector Unable to Login into Windows 2012 R2 AD Server
Last updated on MAY 15, 2016
Applies to:Identity Manager Connector - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Active Directory UM 18.104.22.168 connector and Provision and De-provision to Active Directory 2008 work without any problem after successfully connection to the Domain Controller. However, when one points to the Active Directory IT Resource to one of the Windows 2012 Domain Controllers using the same credentials, then unable to connect.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up 22.214.171.124.0 Connector Server version under Windows 2008 Domain Controller (Dev)
2. Set up 126.96.36.199.0 AD UM Connector version over the Connector Server installed on step 1
3. Point Active Directory IT Resource to a Windows 2008 Domain Controller (Dev)
4. Test Provision and De-provision resources work without any problem
5. Then point the Active Directory IT Resource to one of the Windows 2012 Domain Controller
6. Exception Message is caught in the LOG files (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password)
Affecting the retire of Windows 2008 Domain Controller and the upgrade to Windows 2012 Domain Controller.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms