APEX 5.0: Rich Text Editor with Inline Modal Dialog
Last updated on MAY 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 5.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Create a table with a Clob column,
2. Set to create a page with a form using Rich text editor for CLOB column.
3. Run app and load page and save form you will then see that data saved in the table.
4. Create a new page. Add a inline modal dialog .
5. Create a form on the inline modal dialog and add a rich text editor ,
6. Run the application again and open the new page launch the modal dialog and then add some text to rich text editor .
7. Click save .
The table you will have 2 records:
- The 1st one will have id and text in the CLOB column.
- The second one, created with the rich text editor in the modal dialog will only have its id set for the row the CLOB will be empty.
The rich text editor will not save any text when used in a "Inline Modal Dialog" and in every other case it has worked.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms