Derived Rule to Set Folder Value Doesn't Work on Content Update (Framework Folders)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you have a profile with a rule where the fParentGUID value is derived based on another metadata field, the derivation works properly during the initial check-in, but not during a metadata update action.
Other fields do get the new derived value on Content Update, but not the Folder field.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create at least 2 custom metadata fields, e.g. custom1 and custom2.
2. Create some folders and make a note of their fFolderGuid values.
3. Create a rule. In that rule, set Derived Values for the fParentGuid field and the custom2 field, based on the value for custom1. Use the fFolderGuid values from step 2 in the rule.
for fParentGuid field:
4. Create a Profile that uses the Rule.
5. Check in a content item under that Profile New Checkin page. Set the value of custom1 to Accounting. Leave the Folder field and the custom2 field blank.
6. Look at the Content Information page. Verify that the Folder field was set to the folder specified in the derived value for the rule, and custom2 was set to Accounting.
7. Update the content item. Only change the value of the custom1 field. Change it from Accounting to Legal.
8. Look at the Content Information page. Verify that the value of custom2 is now set to Legal as expected. However, the folder field is still set to the original folder.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms