Chinese Characters Wrap Outside Right Margin When Using Simsun Font
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running a report with some Chinese characters included will wrap lines incorrectly. That is, some of the lines are overflowing outside the field boundary on right side.
Already attempted the following, but the problem persists:
- Set Left, Center, Right and Flush justified, and all behave the same way. There are some records that overflow out of the box with all justifications.
- Field elasticity set to Vertical=Expand or Variable, and Horizontal=Fixed.
- Set REPORTS_SPACE_BREAK=NO in registry does not fix it.
- Creating a dummy printer allows it to be much better; however, it still has some overflow.
- Using MingLiU font works, but this is not a feasible workaround for client.
- Same overflow behavior with both Simsun and Arial Unicode fonts.
- Enable PDF subsetting:
[ PDF:Subset ]
"Arial Unicode MS" = "ARIALUNI.TTF"
- Set REPORTS_DEFAULT_PIXEL_SIZE, but the issue still persist. Sample settings in registry:
Other values attempted with no difference:
On Unix, when set "*DefaultResolution: 305dpi" in screenprinter.ppd, the output appears to be fine. Sample entry in screenprinter.ppd file:
However, this does not apply to Windows.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms