User with Deployer Role Unable to Shrink the Connection Pool from Console
(Doc ID 2158915.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 to 22.214.171.124.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User with 'deployer' role was able to run the cmo.shrink() from WLST, i.e., was able to shrink the connection pool.
Below are the replication steps:
- Install WebLogic Server 10.3.6 and create a domain. No Managed Server required.
- Configure a data source.
- In the connection pool setting, set initial capacity and max capacity to 10.
- Set the minimum capacity to some lower value, like 2 or 3.
- Create a new user with deployer role or assign the user to deployer group.
- Log in to console with the new user and go to data source page -> control.
- Select the data source and click on 'shrink'.
- You will observe error on the console, with below message.
An unexpected exception has occurred processing your request
- Run cmo.shrink()
- No output on the WLST shell, but when you observe from console, you can see that the shrink was performed.
- For monitoring, you have to customize the table view and add the options 'Current Capacity' and 'Number Available'.
- Once the above mentioned shrink() command is run, value for both goes to 2 from the initial capacity 10.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document