OUD11g - Second or Later Attribute Subtypes, Attribute Options, are Lost When Modifying these Attribute Value
(Doc ID 2164416.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 188.8.131.52.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The second or later attribute subtype (attribute option) are lost when modifying these attribute value.
For example, an entry has the following attributes.
Entry Data Before Modification:
The issue occurs in OUD version 184.108.40.206.1, 220.127.116.11.160419 and 18.104.22.168.160719.
The issue is similar to what's reported in <Document 2179509.1>, but the behavior is slightly different.
The issue occurs when meeting the following all conditions.
- Modified attribute has two or over subtypes. E.g.) description;lang-ja;dynamic
- The attribute is unencrypted.
- The Directory Server joins a Replication Topology.
The issue does NOT occur under the following conditions.
- Modified attribute has no subtypes. E.g.) description
- Modified attribute has only one subtypes. E.g.) description;lang-ja
- The attribute is encrypted.
- The Directory Server is single instance. In other words, it does not join the Replication Topology.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document