HTTP 500 Is Returned After Changing Static Files
Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) is returned after changing the static files under an exploded archive directory.
To reproduce the issue, follow these steps:
- The resource-reload-check-secs property is not set to "0" in the weblogic.xml file for a web application.
- Access a static file under the web application from the client (browser).
- Change (delete, or rename) the accessed static file.
- Access the same static file again from the client (browser).
- A HTTP 500 error is returned
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms