WebCenter Content (WCC) Search Results are not Sorted Correctly after Metadata Field (Sort Field) has been Updated
(Doc ID 2168953.1)
Last updated on JUNE 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Search results are not sorted as expected. A custom metadata field (e.g., xSequence) is used to sort content. After the metadata field was updated, the search results was not sorted to reflect new values unless the search cache entry for the search was cleared.
Performed the following to use a custom metadata field that can be used for sorting:
1.Add Sequence metadata field
- Navigate to WC Content Console -> Administration -> Configuration Manager -> Information Fields.
- Click on 'Add'
- Create 'Sequence' Field. Make sure 'Enabled for Search Index' is selected.
- Change Field Type to 'Integer' and click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Advanced Search Design..' Button.
- Highlight the row 'xSequence | Sequence'
- Click Edit
- Checkmark 'Is Sortable'. Click 'Ok'
- Click 'Ok' in 'Advanced Search Design..' to close.
- Click 'Update Database Design' Button. Click Ok.
2. Check-in content items with the following metadata values
- Title: wiki 1, Sequence: 100
- Title: wiki 2, Sequence: 200
- Title: wiki 3, Sequence: 300
3. Change Layout to Top Menus in user profile page so we can specify xSequence as the sort field in GET_SEARCH_RESULTS
4. Run a search. In the URL, change the SortField parameter to use the new custom metadata field. Example shown below.
5. Update the sequence metadata field and run searches. The searches aren't sorted to reflect new values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!