Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Search results aren't sorted as expected. A custom metadata field (e.g., xSequence) is used to sort content. After the metadata field was updated, the search results was not sorted to reflect new values unless the search cache entry for the search was cleared.
Performed the following to use a custom metadata field that can be used for sorting:
1.Add Sequence metadata field
- Navigate to WC Content Console -> Administration -> Configuration Manager -> Information Fields.
- Click on 'Add'
- Create 'Sequence' Field. Make sure 'Enabled for Search Index' is selected.
- Change Field Type to 'Integer' and click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Advanced Search Design..' Button.
- Highlight the row 'xSequence | Sequence'
- Click Edit
- Checkmark 'Is Sortable'. Click 'Ok'
- Click 'Ok' in 'Advanced Search Design..' to close.
- Click 'Update Database Design' Button. Click Ok.
2. Checkin content items with the following metadata values
- Title: wiki 1, Sequence: 100
- Title: wiki 2, Sequence: 200
- Title: wiki 3, Sequence: 300
3. Change Layout to Top Menus in user profile page so we can specify xSequence as the sort field in GET_SEARCH_RESULTS
4. Run a search. In the URL, change the SortField parameter to use the new custom metadata field. Example shown below.
5. Update the sequence metadata field and run searches. The searches aren't sorted to reflect new values.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms