Upgrade development APEX installation to 5.0X on 12c DB fails and switch instance to Runtime Type
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 5.0.4.00.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The required Patch 20618595 is listed by "opatch lsinventory -details" in the DB Oracle_Home
After the Apex 5 upgrade using apexins.sql script
- If one try to access the main admin page using http://host:port/ords/apex_admin one gets
"Error ERR-7620 Could not determine workspace for application (4500). ORA-1403: no data found"
- The development installation was converted to runtime only
- Converting a Runtime Environment to a Full Development Environment using apxdvins.sqlin
Result on users and apex applications being removed
Upgraded instance should be development too and users and applications should be available.
1.- Bring in a Database from another environment (clone using datafiles) with apex 4.2.5 development in CDB
2. Upgrade APEX to 5.0.4 on the CDB (as the Installation is Multitenant with Apex on CDB)
3. Check the upgraded instance trying to access the main admin page: http://host:port/ords/apex_admin
In the Installation (Upgrade) logs one can see:
"ERROR at line 1:
@ ORA-1: unique constraint (APEX_050000.WWV_FLOW_BANNER_U_IDX) violated
@ ORA-6512: at "APEX_050000.WWV_FLOW_API", line 2783
@ ORA-6512: at line 2"
DB Upgraded to 12c (188.8.131.52.X)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms