Security Questions Being Grayed Out During First Time Login If Old Password Validation Fails
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While using OIM126.96.36.199.x the error pop-up of 'The password change operation failed while validating the old password message is displayed' is displayed and the security questions & answers are grayed out.
Following behavior is seen:
1. Create an end-user P1, and login as P1.
2. Now end-user P1 is directed into the change password and set challenges page.
3. This page contains 2 components: one is for the password change, and the
other is to set the challenge questions.
4. In the password change part, enter the correct old password, but enter wrong new password,
such as enter a short String 'abc' for new password.
5. For each Question X field, enter one char.
6. Click the submit button, and now end-user P1 received the 'Password Invalid' error message with the detailed error codes.
7. Now end-user P1 corrects the new password, and re-click the Submit button.
Now the password has been reset by this action, and since the Challenge Question answers are incorrect (with only one char), this page is supposed to be
refreshed and load with the open fields to correct the Challenge Questions. But the problem here is the page is reload, all the Challenge Question fields
are grayed out.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms