Revisions Using Check Out And Open Are Not Caught By Rule
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating a document using Check Out And Open Rules are ignored.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new integer Metadata field called COAOValue
2. Create a Rule to set this to 0
3. Enable "Use rule activation condition" For "Use Action" enable "Check In New", "Check In Selected" and "Content Update".
You should end up with
((dpAction like "CheckinSel" or dpAction like "CheckinNew" or dpAction like "Update"))
The rule should just update a field to 0.
4. Under fields add a field you can update. Maybe create a custom one.
5. Then under "Is derived field" add
You can add the idoc manually or use the UI to add it.
Now test it.
6. First disable the rule so you can set your field to "1" (otherwise the rule will keep setting it back to 0)
7. Enable the rule.
8. Then do a check out, check in, and the field should get updated to "0".
9. Now, run the same test but use COAO to create a new revision.
The field is not updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms