Last updated on NOVEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Workflow Page never gets loaded when Approval request assigned to Custom Role .
Usecase: Deploy a custom SOA composite which assigns request approval to one custom Role. The approvals aren't accessible via OIM Self Service Console > Pending Approvals > Click link from Title column > Click on Approval Details tab > Select/Click Row > Bottom portion of page never gets loaded. The page gets timed out
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create an role in OIM and assign it to a few users who can approve requests.
- Create a custom composite for application instance approval. The custom approval sends the approval request to the above role/group of users.
(Note: The issue also happens when one tries to use OOTB "BeneficiaryManager" composite. The issue reproduces when you modify the 'assignee' from a single user to a a role/group )
1, Have only single instance of OIM and SOA up and running for testing
2. Login as any user and raise a request for application instance in OIM. The
request gets assigned to the members of the role.
3. Login as the approver (who is a member of the role)
4. Click on the request
5. Instead of the 'Request Details' tab being highlighted, 'Approver' tab gets highlighted by default. Also, the page spins forever and does not load. The buttons on the page do not work either.
6. Check the SOA logs at that time. You will notice the following error and the thread dumps show stuck threads when trying to get assignees of roles.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms