Not Able To Auto Start Veridata Agent As A Service In Windows
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle GoldenGate Veridata - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
I’m converting the agent.bat startup of veridata agent as a service in windows and I followed the procedure as mentioned in the README but I’m not able to start the service successfully.
Here are the instructions in README file of veridata agent
Steps to install as a service:
1. Go to the Oracle GoldenGate Veridata Agent deployment directory.
2. Enter the "service" folder.
3. Edit the file 'agent_service.properties'.
4. Find '_VERIDATA_SERVICE_NAME' and change it to the service name for the agent.
The name can only contain alphabets or numbers. No special character
or white space is allowed.
5. Find '_AGENT_PROPERTY_FILE' and change it to the agent properties file name which has to be run as a service.
6. Save and close the file.
7. Run a Windows command session.
8. Execute Install_veridata_Agent.bat from the installation directory of the agent.
• Location of veridata agent is at C:\veridata_agents location
• Below is the content of agent_service.properties files in C:\veridata_agents\service directory
# Copyright (c) 2009, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
# Veridata Service name should only contain Alphabets or Numbers
# No space or any special characters are allowed
# Agent property file of the veridata agent.
# Default agent file is "agent.properties" located in "AGENT_HOME".
# AGENT_HOME is the deployment location.
• The service stops with this error : The VeridataAgentSQLServer service terminated with the following service-specific error: The operation completed successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms