STUCK Thread with FAT Lock when Closing Connection Causes Rest of Threads to Wait for New Connection
(Doc ID 2215887.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : WLS 10.3.6.0.13 PSU version, Oracle DB General component. This does not appear to be a problem specific to this PSU version.
STUCK Thread with FAT lock when closing connection causes rest of threads to wait for new connection
In customers production environment, during heavy load conditions, Stuck threads are seen with Fat Lock when closing the JDBC connections which is causing all the other threads blocked waiting for the new JDBC connection.
Environment: WLS 10.3.6.0.13
Stuck Threads from logs:
Steps to replicate issue:
1) Create a WLS 10.3.6.0.13 domain with Admin and Managed servers which are part of the cluster.
2) Create a DataSource using Oracle DB.
3) Create JMS Server by using JDBC Store, UDQ.
4) Deploy the MDB TestMDB along with the TestThead class file which you attached to the file
5) Create the table in DB using test_table.sql
6) Start the MDB by sending a text message with 6 in as the text body to com.test queue
7) Add columns to the table using the columnadd.sql
Environment : WLS 10.3.6.0.13, DBVersion - Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 22.214.171.124.0 - 64bit Production
THis has not been found to be specific to these versions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document