Wrong Application used when Executing a WebCenter Content (WCC) "Check Out and Open" Following Document File Type Change
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Wrong application used when executing a WCC Check Out and Opening a file after changing the document file type. (example: .xls opens MS Word)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Check in a Word document "Test.docx".
2. On the Content Information page, in the Actions menu, select Check Out and Open.
3. Microsoft Word opens the document.
4. Close the document without any changes.
5. When prompted whether to undo the checkout, select No.
6. On the Content Information page, check in an Excel workbook "Test.xlsx" (using the "normal" check in method).
7. Check out and open the document again.
8. When prompted that "a copy of the file 'Test.xlsx' from a prior checkout already exists in the local cache. Overwrite?", select Yes.
9. Word opens and reports that the file is corrupted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms