Ad User Cannot Start A Partition When The Partition Is Associated With A Custom Realm
(Doc ID 2223178.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a partition is associated with a CustomRealm, trying to start the partition with an AD user from WLS Admin console fails with the following exception:
However, the partition can be started using the default WLS Admin user (weblogic)
1. Create a WLS 12.2.1.x domain with an Admin and a managed server.
2. Create a security realm in addition to the existing "myrealm".
3. Create a Virtual Target and target it to the managed server.
4. Configure Active Directory Authenticator for "myrealm".
5. Assign one of the AD users to Admin role.
6. Logout and login to WLS Admin console using AD user that has Admin role.
7. Create a new partition and assign the new security realm and target the partition to Virtual Target.
8. Restart the Adminserver and start the managed server.
9. Login to console using AD user and start the partition, it fails with the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document