Ad User Cannot Start A Partition When The Partition Is Associated With A Custom Realm
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a partition is associated with a CustomRealm, trying to start the partition with an AD user from WLS Admin console fails with the following exception:
However, the partition can be started using the default WLS Admin user (weblogic)
1. Create a WLS 12.2.1.x domain with an Admin and a managed server.
2. Create a security realm (say realm_dp0) in addition to the existing "myrealm".
3. Create a Virtual Target and target it to the managed server.
4. Configure Active Directory Authenticator for "myrealm".
5. Assign one of the AD users to Admin role.
6. Logout and login to WLS Admin console using AD user that has Admin role.
7. Create a new partition (say dp0) and assign the security realm (realm_dp0) and target the partition to Virtual Target.
8. Restart the Adminserver and start the managed server.
9. Login to console using AD user and start the partition, it fails with the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms