OUD - Unable to Set SMTP Handler Email Notification for Password Changes for Root User
(Doc ID 2227781.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal is to provide information on how to set SMTP Handler Email Notification for Password Changes for Root User
Any password change (reset) or password expiry warning for this root user is not notified to the email id configured in the recipient address of the SMTP Handler, after -
- Enabling the SMTP handler and mail properties global configuration via dsconfig,
- Enabling the SMTP handler in root user password policy via ODSM,
- Configuring the root user password policy for password expiration notification through ODSM,
- Creating a new root user (dn:cn=OUDAdmin,cn=Root DNs,cn=config), and
- Assigning root user password policy to that user.
The requirement is to send alerts for any LDAP Admin password policy feature (root user in OUD : dn:cn=OUDAdmin,cn=Root DNs,cn=config) to the configured email address.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document