OUD11g - Unable to Set SMTP Handler Email Notification for Password Changes for Root User
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 126.96.36.199.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OUD11g - To set SMTP Handler Email Notification for Password Changes for Root User
Any password change (reset) or password expiry warning for this root user is not notified to the email id configured in the recipient address of the SMTP Handler, after -
- enabling the SMTP handler and mail properties global configuration via dsconfig,
- enabling the SMTP handler in root user password policy via ODSM,
- configuring the root user password policy for password expiration notification through ODSM,
- creating a new root user (dn:cn=OUDAdmin,cn=Root DNs,cn=config), and
- assigning root user password policy to that user.
The requirement is to send alerts for any LDAP Admin password policy feature (root user in OUD : dn:cn=OUDAdmin,cn=Root DNs,cn=config) to the configured email address.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms