Error Generated in WebCenter Content (WCC) Native UI when Executing a Propagate Job (Job Is Not Allowed) is Not Generated in Desktop Integration Suite (DIS)
(Doc ID 2228316.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
By design a user with RWD permissions on a security group and on the User ACL of a folder with RWD permission cannot propagate changes to the ACLs.
- User will not be allowed to propagate and will receive an error message in the WCC Native UI.
- User will not be allowed to propagate and will NOT receive an error message in DIS.
- child items not modified.
- error is logged in Content Server log files.
- Login as Admin (eg "weblogic").
- Create a user who has a role giving him RWD to a certain security group.
- Create a folder in that security group.
- Add the user to the user ACL with RWD permission.
- Create some subfolders and content items with the same permissions.
- Login as user.
- Right-click on the folder in DIS.
- Select Propagate.
- Check the user ACL box, add a user to the User ACL (eg: weblogic user).
- Click propagate. Note: child items are not modified, however, user was not notified.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document