FMW/WLS 12c Domain Configured With Multiple Coherence Cluster System Resources Failed to Upgrade - Hangs with No Output for Hours
(Doc ID 2233066.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12c]
Oracle Coherence - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- 12.1.2.x.x FMW WebLogic Server Domain, trying to migrate to 12.2.1.x.x version. The domain upgrade from 12.1.2.x.x to the 12c Release 2 (12.2.1) failed - hangs, no output for hours.
- Followed the steps given in the WebLogic Server Domain Upgrade Guide
Here are the pseudo steps followed in the upgrade:
1. Shutdown the 12.1.2.x.x domain.
2. Set the Environment for 12.2.1.x.x Upgrade.
3. Backup the 12.1.2.x.x. domain
4. Invoke %ORACLE-HOME-12.2.1.x.x%/oracle_common/common/bin/wlst.sh
- Once user run readDomainForUpgrade, WLST just hangs, no output for hours. Eventually user has to end it.
- The domain is somehow getting modified/partially upgraded, because of that user cannot restart the domain afterwards. User has to restore from backup to bring back 12.1.2 WebLogic Domain again. No errors got thrown in the process.
Collected Thread dumps shows that seems there is progress but not much in the GUI side (or) WLST client due to complex domain structure with more Coherence Cluster System Resources defined in it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document