FMW WebLogic Server Domain Configured With Multiple Coherence Cluster System Resources Failed To Upgrade
Last updated on MAY 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12c]
Oracle Coherence - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- 12.1.2.x.x FMW WebLogic Server Domain, trying to migrate to 12.2.1.x.x version. The domain upgrade from 12.1.2.x.x to 12.2.1 got failed.
- Followed the steps given in the WebLogic Server Domain Upgrade Guide.
Here are the pseudo steps followed in the upgrade:
1. Shutdown the 12.1.2.x.x domain.
2. Set the Environment for 12.2.1.x.x Upgrade.
3. Backup the 12.1.2.x.x. domain
4. Invoke %ORACLE-HOME-12.2.1.x.x%/oracle_common/common/bin/wlst.sh
Once user run readDomainForUpgrade, WLST just hangs, no output there for hours. Eventually user has to end it. The domain is somehow getting modified/partially upgraded, because of that user cannot restart the domain afterwards. User has to restore from backup to bring back 12.1.2 WebLogic Domain again. No errors got thrown in the process.
Collected Thread dumps shows that seems there is progress but not much in the GUI side (or) WLST client due to complex domain structure with more Coherence Cluster System Resources defined in it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms