Last updated on JUNE 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 184.108.40.206.6 to 220.127.116.11.6 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 18.104.22.168.6, the user is assigned a role that contains the VCS VERSION ADMIN profile, however, they are unable to access version control context menus or the Team drop-down sub-menus.
When the user is assigned the VCS VERSION ADMIN profile directly on the user object (not through the custom role) the disabled menu options become enabled.
You can recreate the problem with these steps:
- ODI Configured to use External Authentication such as Active Directory.
- Create a custom role in the external authentication. For example, Version Control Role.
- Assign to the new role the VCS VERSION ADMIN profile.
- Add a Principal (user) from the external authentication source to role.
- Log into ODI as the user.
Result: User unable to access version control context menus or the Team drop-down sub-menus.
Possible changes include enabling external authentication, or beginning to use VCS in a system with external authentication enabled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms