Error With Wiindows Basic Authentication Login Form And Username Prefilled
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Logon Manager version 126.96.36.199
Error with Wiindows Basic Authentication login form when the username is prefilled
When the Windows Security dialog for windows basic authentication is prefilled with the username, the ESSO-LM agent injects the password field with the value defined for the username and causes an infinite logon loop to occur because of invalid credentials.
The ESSO-LM client should ignore the prefilled username field and enter the password into the password field instead of the username.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a Windows application template for the Windows Security dialog that appears for Basic Authentication.
- Define the value for both the username field and the password field in the template.
- Launch the web application that displays the Windows Security dialog. The username is not prefilled the first time and the credentials are injected successfully.
- Close the web application and launch it again. The Windows Security dialog is displayed again but the username field is prefilled (cached) and only the password field is visible.
- The ESSO-LM client injects the credentials but the authentication fails due to invalid credentials being injected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms