Dynamically Changing Targets in Sub-Deployment Does Not Work
(Doc ID 2258772.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Not able to change the target of Sub deployment from the WebLogic Admin console.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a domain with a cluster containing 2 managed servers(ms1, ms2).
2. Create two jmsservers named 'jmsserver0' and 'jmsserver1' targeted to ms1 or ms2.
2. Create a jms system resource targeted to the cluster.
3. In jms system resource, create a subdeployment named 'dqsub' with target='jmsserver0,jmsserver1'
4. In the jms module, create a Uniform Distributed Queue with subdeployment set to 'dqsub' and with jndi name 'dq1'.
5. When the domain started, in cluster jndi tree, you can find 'dq1', 'jmsserver0@dq1' and 'jmsserver1@dq1'
6. Dynamically change the target of 'dqsub' from 'jmsserver0,jmsserver1' to 'jmsserver1', we expect dq member 'jmsserver1@dq1' is removed from jndi tree, but currently it's not.
7. After restarting the cluster, we'll get what we expected. And similar thing happen when the target dynamically changed from 'jmsserver0' to 'jmsserver1' since after that 'jmsserver0@dq1' is still bound in jndi.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document