Disable Rotation of Server.out Files For WebLogic Managed Server
(Doc ID 2259056.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2023
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an option in WebLogic to prevent log rotation for a managed server during startup.
HOWEVER, if tried to prevent the server.out files from being rotated as well and this does not seem to work.
- Rotation type is set to None
- Rotate log file on startup is checked off
Steps to reproduce:
- Start admin server
- Start nodemanager
- Start MS (Server-0) via nodemanager (ie in the console)
- You will see Server-0.log and Server-0.out being created
- Stop MS via console
- Restart MS via console
- You will see a new Server-0.out00001 created but Server-0.log is not rotated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document