Lost Messages Occurring When Using oracle/reliable_messaging_policy (WSRM 1.0)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Web Services Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a test environment using SOA Suite (22.214.171.124.0) facing a high percentage of lost messages when using reliable messaging.
The scenario is the following:
- Some SOA Services use the oracle/reliable_messaging_policy to accept messages from a external client based on the WSRM 1.0 policy.
- The client sends a message according to this policy.
- The client is not receiving acknowledgement for approximately 40% of the total messages sent.
When looking at the logs, it can be seen that at some point, the system does not seem to accept new messages for the sequence and returns an error message.
What can be seen from the extract on a sequence is:
• The Create sequence occurs correctly
• Messages 1 to 25 are processed correctly.
• An Acknowledgement is sent for each message until message 25.
• On message 26, a null error is returned.
• Subsequent Messages return an error (unknown sequence).
oracle.j2ee.ws.rm.store.MessageStoreException: The message identified by the sequence 'urn:uuid:98d2652d-6172-4f13-841d-d9a552ac6dc7' and message number '26' can not be added to the message store due to the exception: null
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms