Managed Servers Randomly Showing "Not Reachable" From WebLogic Admin Console After WLS PSU is Installed
(Doc ID 2269856.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue originally seen on WebLogic Server 12.1.3 with <Patch 23094292>: WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 184.108.40.206.160719 (July 2016) applied.
Managed Servers status/health from console when all the servers are started at a time. All servers, Admin Server and Managed Servers (8) are running on SSL port only, (http disabled). All servers are on the same host machine.
Below is the status on the Admin Console:
- This is not a network issue as the customer is on single machine setup (i.e all the MS and admin server are on the same physical machine). From the config.xml we see that they are using the same keystore for both identity and trust keystore (but this not causing the issue here).
- When they start all the managed servers, we consistently see some of managed servers go to "Not Reachable" state in console.
- Starting the servers in batches of two does not cause the issue but this is not an acceptable workaround.
- Applied configuration changes such as specifying listen address for all of the servers with IP address but this did not resolve the issue.
- This issue happens on different domains in the same environment so it is not specific to one particular environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document